The quieter winter months can be very challenging for small businesses. Sometimes it feels like everyone is on holiday and retail is hibernating. This is a great opportunity to invest some time into rethinking your business and marketing strategies.
Over the past three years, social media has become a very important communication tool to us, connecting us with a large, wonderful community of KAMERS lovers on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. We cannot recommend investing time and energy into a proper social media strategy enough to any business owner, but especially small entrepreneurs can benefit from it immensely. More than a marketing tool; these platforms provide an opportunity to make invaluable connections with your customers and supporters. When you are a small business without a large marketing budget, this can be just what you need to grow your business to the next level.
If you want to get started with social media, develop a proper strategy and develop your design skills a bit, but it all feels too intimidating or overwhelming, Social Sessions is just the solution for you. We have blogged about Social Sessions’ two-day practical workshops before and the good news is their next workshop is happening in Joburg soon, with a Cape session also on the horizon.
At the Social Sessions Woods Edition, taking place in Parkhurst 24-25 July, you will learn and experience the following hands-on:
- What social media is, why you should use it and what social media platforms are available
- How to create a social media strategy for you/your business, utilising all relevant social media platforms
- How to create a Facebook page and Twitter presence and use them intelligently in your strategy
- Tips and tricks to manage your day-to-day social media activities
- Step-by-step basics of Photoshop
- Photographic tips and tricks, product shots and proﬁle pictures
- Advanced Photoshop techniques, which you can apply directly to your brand and social media platforms
- How to create a layout, retouch blemishes, wrinkles etc. and colour correction
- How to create web banners
- How to design for social media platform speciﬁcations
You will also go home with a ‘swag bag’ filled with goodies and a workshop guide covering everything you learnt in the session. You will be dined, wined and have an opportunity to network with other creative brains from a variety of industries. Truly a great opportunity to grow your business mind, skills and connections.
Read more about Social Sessions and the ladies behind it in our previous post.
Limited Time Special Offer:
Exclusively for KAMERS readers, Social Sessions are offering a special discount! Just enter the promo code “Kamers” when you book your ticket before 11 July and they will reduce your ticket price by 20%
Also browse through the Social Sessions blog for some great social media and online design tips. Candice and Zoe can be quite entertaining, so you will have a good chuckle as you read – we promise! 😉
This post was brought to you in collaboration with Social Sessions.